Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Mountain Sherpa Trekking & Expeditions (MSTE) is a Nepal based Expert local Sherpa adventure trekking & travel agency which is a responsible and listed Company under the laws of Nepal Tourism Industry and accepts your bookings under the following terms and conditions.
All bookings are made with Mountain Sherpa Trekking & Expeditions Pvt. Limited, Registered Company Number 18785/058/59 (hereinafter referred to as The Company) whose registered office is the Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal. The Head of The Company is Tandi Sherpa.
- The term "trip “used in this website and booking conditions refers to all itineraries described on this website including those which might otherwise be known as walking, tours, trekking trips, sightseeing, climbing, mountaineering, expeditions or holidays.
- To secure place, 35 %(Non- Refundable) down payment from Total Trip cost is required to make in advance as per the company policy, this deposit help us to make confirm reservation of Hotels in City, domestic flights and all other trip arrangements for final trip booking.
- Along with deposit we need to send detailed Name lists of Participants (same as passport), Gender, Nationality, Date of birth, passport number, passport issue/Expiry dates and profession (you need to send us passport copy by fax or attached by e-mail for all trips in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan)
- Rest of the payment should clear on arrival day (this will apply for most of Nepal treks, tours, expeditions). However, we can request you to make full payment before your arrival if this is necessary (especially for Trips to Tibet and Bhutan). Be mindful, we also reserve the right to cancel your trip provided full amount is not paid in requested time or on arrival day.
- Any trip booking Payment procedures is very easy with Mountain Sherpa Trekking and expeditions. We accept your last minute booking also, but full payment of total tour cost should be made in advance if necessary or can pay full payment on arrival day.
- On our holidays tour / trek packages, rooms or tents are provided in twin sharing basis. Thus, single room supplement charge will be imposed to client who does not have another tour participant to share room / tent with.
- No refund will be made to clients who drop out from the journey regardless of whatever portions remain unused in the itinerary. In case of the journey broken of early return upon client's own wish or causes, Mountain Sherpa Trekking & Expeditions shall not be liable to any refund of the days not utilized. Clients have to pay for the hotel or any extra costs incurred after leaving the itinerary.
- It is a fundamental condition that you acknowledge that this is an adventure tour. This requires some flexibility. The day-to-day itinerary is taken as a guideline only. We cannot be hold responsible for any delays caused by International or domestic flights, strikes, Government regulations, weather or natural casualties etc. In such cases, we shall be responsible for providing suitable alternatives, which could be decided upon mutual agreement. If an agreement cannot be made, MSTE shall be only responsible for refund after deducting expenses already incurred.
- If you do not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date, we will assume you have been delayed and will wait for you to contact us with your new expected arrival date. If you do not contact us within 48 hours we will assume you have cancelled the tour. There is no refund of any money paid.
- The tours will not be cancelled unless we are forced to do so because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances (force majored), such as a major natural disaster, major political unrest or war. If we cancel the tour we will promptly refund all payments made to us, i.e. excluding the deposit. We shall not be liable to refund any additional expenses that you may have incurred (such as insurance, visas, vaccinations and other incidental costs).
- The trek information sheets and the dossier give information and conditions relating to the tour and are deemed to be part of the contract and so you should be fully aware of their contents. However the itinerary is an indication of what the group should accomplish, but not a contractual obligation- Changes may be made because of exceptional weather, flight cancellations, sickness or other unforeseeable circumstances- No refunds are given for unused services or unrealized dreams. We do give sympathy though.
- We reserve the right to revise pricing rate posted at our website, under any circumstances, or on the pressure of various external factors that are further than our control, for instance changes in exchange rate, government action etc. But, we put forth effort to keep on the present rate. In case of minor increase in flights fares, hotels or other related factors, we don’t revise the cost of the trip, which was already confirmed & booked by deposit.
- A tour / trek guide who represents MSTE Company deserves all authority during your tours. If you commit any unlawful act, you are compelled to leave the tour. No refund will be made in such case.
- We put our every effort to ensure comfortable traveling of yours, but it is must to understand that what you might be accustomed to in the western affluent countries, the Himalayan countries can’t afford such facilities. Weather is another factor that directly impact on your journey. Hence, patience in mind, enthusiasm and proper preparation before head is must to venture into journey.
- You must purchase inclusive travel insurance package against medical, natural calamity, helicopter evacuation, personal accident etc. This is strongly suggested to all our esteemed clients.
- To make alterations of any trek / tour itinerary, prior notice is requested. You’re advised to stay in touch with us thus. But occasionally, you may be obliged to do so en route under certain circumstance for instance bad weather etc.
- All essential documents should be presented in sequence for example to issue visa, necessary permits etc. We’re not accountable in case of any trip formality not completed in time before the trip departs on the absent of essential papers and documents.
- You understand that during the course of the trip certain events may occur, including, but not limited to, accident or illness in remote places without medical facilities, political instability and the forces of nature. You agree to assume all risks associated with the journey to the maximum extent permitted by Nepalese law.
- You acknowledge that Mountain Sherpa Trekking and Expeditions (MSTE) contracts with a network of companies, government agencies and individuals, to assist in the running of its tours, treks, walking, holidays & expeditions. To the best of MSTE knowledge, these third parties are qualified to perform the duties they are contracted to perform. However, MSTE will not be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may occur due to the behavior of these third parties.
- MSTE will not accept responsibility or liability for any traveler who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited.
- Participants must be in good health and physical condition. It is vital that participants with pre-existing medical problems or conditions make these know to MSTE at the time of booking. Medical and evacuation expenses are the responsibility of the participant. It is also important that you consult your doctor for vaccination and other medical requirements for your trip before you depart.
- Bad weather in mountain regions can cause domestic flight delays, particularly in the Everest, Jomsom, phaplu, Simikot, Kanchenjunga and any other remote mountain regions in Nepal. In the adventure of delayed domestic flights, MSTE will meet departing city accommodation costs prior to your trip, if the cost of accommodation is possible to cover by the Budget of that day. MSTE reserves the right to reroute treks or use road transport for extended delays but this changes may impact on the trip cost, which you have to bear. MSTE does not accept any responsibility for costs incurred as a result of missed international flight connection but will assist to make alternative arrangements where possible with extra costs.
- Trekking in the remote areas or in as described above, especially during odd season, you’re highly advised to reserve extra days to prepare with some delays to avoid frustrating consequence
Risk & Responsibility:
Your safety and enjoyment is our prime concern. We therefore carry out our responsibility honestly & sincerely to ensure your holiday trouble – free as well as you have desired. Nevertheless, unless stated otherwise, trip may be change under uncertain and inherent circumstances such as landslides, road blockage, flood, snow political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay arrival, sickness or accidents etc. Any extra cost incurring there is your personal responsibility and should be borne on the spot.