Since 1998 15,000+ Happy Guests Sherpa Owned & Operated Company
We believe that we all must give back to our society, as a Sherpa, we know the importance of giving and supporting those in need.The Mountain Sherpa Foundation has been established to help address the basic need problems of the deprived people and low-income families of remote part of Nepal. We work directly with the local communities to find lasting solutions to poverty and injustice. We seek to help and to be helped to ensure that poor people can improve their lives and livelihoods.
Supporting Our Communities During the COVID-19 Pandemic:
Mountain Sherpa Family Responds to Urgent Community Needs
We believe that the societies in which we live and work are part of the fabric of our company and they need support during hard time. In response to the existing crisis, to date, Mountain sherpa team has done few of those actions that include:
01.Distributes relief materials to guides: MSF family distributed relief packages to 450 Sherpa trekking guides, porters and climbing guides on 25-26th May 2021.
02. Food & medical supplies delivery Gumne/Mera Village: Food packages relief support such as Rice, lintels, salt and cooking oil for 42 most needy house and families on June 4th, 2021. Also medical supplies relief support such as medicines, Oxygen, Mask, sanitizers for Chyangmiteng health clinic on June 2021.
03. Food supplies for Street Children home: Food package relief support such as 1000 kilogram rice, 20 KG Pulses, 20 Kg Wheat flour, 4 Kg salt and 8 liters cooking oil to one of the street children’s shelter on June 6th 2021.
04. Supply surgical Mask to Sailung Gaupalika : MSF provided high quality surgical mask, 2000 pieces to Sailung Gaupalika, Dolakha on 9th June 2021.
05. Supply surgical Mask to Bhadighad Gaupalika and Helambu : MSF provided high quality surgical mask, 2500 pieces to Bhadighad Gaupalika, Baglung district & Helambu, Sindupalchowk District , Nepal
06. Food supplies for orphanage Children and physical disability People: MSF distributed food relief packages for 12 blind and physical disable and orphanage children in Kathmandu on 12th June 2021. And on 13th June 2021 we distributed food relief packages of 38 kg rice for each family for 30 visually impaired, physical disability and mentally disordered people in Kathmandu.
07. Food supplies for Monks in the Monastery: Not all monks live and get care in monastery. Many of them live their own life (out of monastic facility) and still making money from daily ritual jobs in funerals, house rituals, religious rituals etc.! Due to lockdown in Nepal since 45 days, of course they lost their daily job and may need any support of foods. Keeping this in mind, on 13th June 2021 we distributed food relief packages (38 kg each family) for 20 monks in Kathmandu.
08. Caring Tourism Workers: MSF President Mr. Pasang Sherpa distributed 75-sack rice for most needed tourism workers (guide/porters) in Kathmandu in collaboration with TAAN (Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal - TAAN) on 15th June 2021.
09. Support to Poor Sherpa Student: We are please to distribute food packages 38 Kg each person for most needed 8 poor students/ families from very remote part of Everest region of Nepal, who are living and studying in capital city of Nepal, Kathmandu on 16th June 2021.
10.Support to Musahar and Dom communities in Siraha:
After 8 hours long drive from Kathmandu MSF team reached Siraha district on 7th July 2021 and successfully distributed food relief packages to 305 house/family of Musahar & dom who are an extremely backward and poorest group living in Terai region of Nepal. In addition as small token of love to kids, we also distributed 300 writing pen and paper sheet in order to encourage them for study.
11.Cash Support for Melamchi Flood Victims: Melamchi flood is one the recent extreme disasters that occurred in the late night on 15th June 2021. In this difficult time, we are very please to help small cash support during this hard time of the year. Total 18-house/ families have received RS 5000 each. We hope this small cash may help little bit to pay some expenses during this hard time!
Since our establishment, we give back to society by doing different social activity mainly renovate and re-build the infrastructure of governments and community based school as well as We work in building toilet facilities in local villages and schools remote part of Solukhumbu.
We also build shelters for homeless families & provide sports equipment to the schools and local youth clubs of the villages. We have scholarship schemes for needy and talented students of the villages for their better schooling and higher education in Solukhumbu.
Mountain Sherpa Foundations specially supported Nepal earthquake victims in 2015. We supported Homeless and urgently need tents, food and Water throughout the Himalayan region.
Together with the Mountain Sherpa Trekking & Mountains Sherpa foundation Successfully distributed immediate relief items to more than 1700 of families in Sindhupalchok, Solukhumbu, Nuwakot and Dading. We mainly distribute material like Tent,tarpaulins, food, Water and medicine.
Whether sponsoring a child, funding a project or volunteering in the village opportunities to lend a helping hand is endless. Your support reaches the most remote corners of the Himalayas and goes directly towards the projects for construction, renovation as well as refurbishment of the schools and the health posts in Solukhumbu. Join us and become a part of the Mountain Sherpa Foundation family. We are always eager to serve the society together!