The Annapurna Base Camp is a sought-after trekking destination in Nepal, promising a journey through picturesque valleys, traditional villages, and awe-inspiring mountain landscapes. Our meticulously crafted 12-day itinerary for Annapurna Base Camp trek encompasses a comprehensive city tour of Kathmandu, inclusive of round-trip flights between Kathmandu and Pokhara. Additionally, private vehicle transportation is arranged for your convenience before and after the trek.
This thoughtfully designed itinerary ensures a seamless and comfortable expedition, allowing trekkers to savor the Himalayan vistas without being burdened by transportation logistics. The city tour of Kathmandu provides a captivating opportunity to delve into the cultural and historical tapestry of Nepal's capital. Simultaneously, the swift and convenient flights to and from Pokhara grant easy access to the trek's starting point.
Here are key details to acquaint you with the Annapurna Base Camp trek:
- Location: Situated in the Annapurna Conservation Area, in the north-central region of Nepal.
- Elevation: The Annapurna Base Camp is perched at an elevation of 4,130 meters (13,550 feet) above sea level.
- Trekking Route: Typically commencing from Nayapul, a small village a few hours from Pokhara, the trail traverses through charming villages like Ghandruk, Chomrong, and Dovan. The trek unveils breathtaking vistas of the Annapurna mountain range, including Annapurna South, the iconic Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), and Hiunchuli. However, our ABC trek through Mountain Sherpa Trekking commences from Kimche, a village conveniently positioned just two hours from Pokhara, the renowned gateway to Nepal's trekking destinations. The distance between Pokhara and Kimche is approximately 42 kilometers (26 miles) by road.
- Trekking Difficulty: The journey to Annapurna Base Camp is considered moderately challenging, with some steep uphill and downhill sections. Adequate preparations are essential to combat altitude sickness effectively.
- Accommodation: Along the trekking route, a multitude of tea houses and lodges offer basic yet comfortable accommodations and meals. For those seeking a more adventurous experience, camping is also an option.
- Best Time to Trek: The ideal periods for the Annapurna Base Camp trek are from March to May and from September to November when the weather is dry and skies are clear. Nevertheless, with proper preparation and gear, this trek can be undertaken during other months as well.
- Trek With a Sherpa Guide: Our Annapurna Base Camp trek is fully guided by an experienced, reliable, and friendly Sherpa guide. We ensure a fully safe, comfortable, and enjoyable trek
Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp is a captivating and fulfilling experience, replete with breathtaking mountain panoramas and a glimpse into the local culture and way of life. With thorough planning, the right gear, and professional guidance, this trek is accessible to all and guarantees indelible memories.